Some days you might be feeling tired, sluggish, achy, sore with low energy count? Now these might not seem to be like a serious symptom, but you do need to know that it could be that you might be suffering from certain basic physical issue. Your body will start to get hurt overtime by the occurrence of activities like sitting for a long time in your car, or at your job, home and even watching TV. The frequent lack of movement will make your muscles get wasted and even will make the joints stiff. The normal chemical process present in your body will also get hit and start to change.
Lack Of Movement
The lymphatic systems and circulation will start to slow down, it will even lead to toxic waste getting accumulated like cholesterol which is often produced and disdain by the human body. The lack of proper movement and the poor posture will often lead to constant chronic lower back pain, neck pain, headaches, pain in the hips, shoulder pain, etc. There are chances that you might start to get slumped posture which will in turn change the shape of your close joints of the shoulders, spine, tightening of the tissues around the hips and even lead to huge amount of other issues.
Fundamental Rules of Human Body
One of the important aspects of the human body is that it is extensively designed to move. Hence, without it the human body will start to fail. There are chances that the movement will at times be limited if you find yourself suffering from immense pain, general lack of activities, stiffness. Keep in mind that the restriction of the body movement will lead to other long term health issues and chronic pain.
Now the key to being healthy is putting a huge emphasis on movement of the body and exercising. Hence, it is important that you keep moving your body and it must be quite flexible, robust and need to have good balance and nutrition. Through physical therapy, your body will be able to achieve best performance in the critical areas.
Now physical therapist who have years of experience in medical training involving in analysing and taking care of the body movements, are easily qualified to be the best people to assist in moving. By moving, i.e., moving good the pain will lower faster and you will get the required energy and mood.
Exercising – Reducing the Pain
There are certain factors which can easily influence your decision in moving and exercising especially when you are going through excessive pain. One of the major aspects is belief. This implies on what you believe about the pain that you are having and how much impact it can have on your recovery. Sometimes you might have a belief that can be helpful (where certain pain is a part of the recovery and would not lead to more damage and is safe for moving) then you are bound to have less experience in getting the pain.
The unhelpful belief which means hurt is like harm and there are chances of getting more damage, then the recovery will be lot slower, and you can be susceptible to suffer from constant pain. Sometimes having extreme belief on the healthcare personnel will have a negative impact and to an extend a small positive impact on your recovery. There are chances that you might be getting consistent advice from various health professional team which will help you to move and exercise in a sensible manner along with some amount of clear guidance and instruction.
Just the thought of the bad or negative thoughts (cognitions) along with the unwanted mood (depression/anxiety) responses related to the anticipated or actual pain, can sometimes magnify the threat value of pain making you feel helpless in the context of pain. If you can analyse this response, then talking to your doctor and taking help will be great.
Another aspect is the pain or fear of doing any kind of harm. You might stop moving because when you are feeling the pain while moving, you will interpret this pain as doing more damage.
Keep in mind that certain kind of pain will be normal while recovering. It means that this pain would not lead more damage. If you are afraid of moving, this will be simply associated with tensing up your back and belly muscles as and when you are moving and will just slow your recovery. Make sure to discuss this fear with your health professional and get strategies to help you get moving.
Sometimes in certain pain conditions, which is related to the CRPS and lower back pain, there can be chances of getting persistent pain which is nothing but associated with the distortion or the disruption of the perception of where the human body is currently in space. Mind re-integration and body activities will activate the natural neuroplasticity of the body and it will be quite helpful in treating the pain in most of the cases. Just talk to your trainer or physio to know more about such re-training approach and exercising.
It is all about movement and exercising. These are the major aspects of the pain management and their jigsaw. You must really consider of working through the way of trying to analyse the pain and pacing through it. The goal setting pain management modules will be a major role player and by taking the assistance of the healthcare professionals you can have a safe and effective approach regarding the movement and exercising.
Choosing The Correct Kind of Exercise
There are no one size for all exercising approaches. It is important that exercise needs to be related to the pain problem, as well as incorporating some generic exercise. It is necessary that a good exercise plan must have a balance of 3-4 main types:
● Relaxation and stretching like tai chi, yoga, stretching, breathing.
● Good for your health exercise like walking, cycling, swimming
● Balance and agility
● Strength and conditioning like building muscles up
Guiding Your Exercise Choices
The below are some of the major aspects or guidelines you need to help in your exercising choices –
1) Health exercise like walking, cycling or possibly swimming can be done by most people and is beneficial for their health and helps to improve pain and function. Walking is easy, free and can be done anywhere, anytime.
2) Relaxation and stretching exercises like tai chi, yoga or simple stretching and breathing will benefit most people, especially if you experience stiffness, tightness in your movements and pain or experience stress, anxiety, or distress. There are certain do’s and do not depending on your condition. It is important that you discuss this with your health professional. Going for short mind/body relaxation exercise or Tai Chi will be great.
3) Re-conditioning exercises need to be tailored to the specific problem. Depending on your pain condition, you might have to strengthen certain muscles, or be taught different ways to move. For example, if you have a low back pain problem, you may benefit from re-conditioning of leg and buttock muscles, as these are often not doing the work they should sometimes, the wrong exercise can make your pain worse. If you tend to already stiffen your spine and are fearful of movement, then ‘core strengthening’ exercises can exacerbate your pain.
4) Balance and agility are an important part of any exercise program and is often missed. Regardless of your injury, it is important to ask your health professional to assess your balance and advise you of any exercises that can help. This is very important if you have osteoporosis and are at risk of falling. Doing tai chi can help balance and agility.
Effective Body Pain Prevention Tips
The following are some of the effective back pain prevention tips you can follow –
● Exercising – The most important thing you can do for body pain prevention is to get up and get moving. Why does exercise prevent body pain? Muscles are meant to move. If you are not in the best shape, you will hurt your back and feel pain as and when you do even simple movements, like lifting your child from his crib. Also, the best part of exercising is that it helps keep your joints fluid. Another reason exercise prevents back pain and helps you to keep your weight down — being overweight, especially around your stomach, can put added strain on your back.
● Eat The Right Food – If you are maintaining good eating habits, you won’t only maintain a healthy weight, but will not put unnecessary stress on your body. A steady diet of excessively spicy or fast food can strain your nervous system, which can sometimes create back problems. Also, a healthy diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, dairy products, and whole grains will keep your digestive tract on track. If your intestines are working and functioning properly, that will maintain your spine because your inside and your outside relate to one another.
● Sleep sideways – You should avoid sleeping flat on your back. The best position for sleeping is on your side. If you are planning on sleeping on your stomach, put a pillow under your lower abdomen to help take stress off your back. Having a supportive mattress and pillow for your head are vital as well. “Getting enough, restful sleep is always an important part of maintaining good health. Also, if you exercise during the day, you sleep better at night.
● Maintain proper posture – People who are sitting at their computer for seven or eight hours a day can really suffer from body pains. People slouch over their computers and their telephones when they’re texting, and they don’t realize the damage they’re doing to their backs and the pain they could be causing. Be sure to work at an ergonomically correct workstation, both at the office and at home, and break up long periods in front of the computer with stretching exercises. If you practice good posture, you will maintain the natural curves of your back and help keep it strong.
● Reduce stress – You don’t realize how much stress impacts your back health. Stress can lead to tense your muscles, and constant tension of this kind can cause body pain. Any activity that helps you reduce stress will help prevent body pain. Stress reduction activities like biofeedback, meditation, deep breathing, tai chi, yoga, etc are quite advantageous.
● Quit smoking – It’s a common factor to know that smoking raises your risk for heart disease and cancer, including lung and colon cancers. Most people never realize that smoking also can be a cause of persistent back pain. Research even shows smoking can make existing body pain worse. It’s not entirely clear how smoking affects body health, but one possibility is that it narrows blood vessels. Narrowed blood vessels result in less oxygen and nutrients reaching the spine and, in turn, it becomes more susceptible to injury and slower to heal.
Ways To Simply & Make Your Workout More Enjoyable
1) Hydrate your body with coconut water
2) Consuming banana before getting out of your home
3) Stretching out while you workout
4) Usage of foam roller
5) Rub and soak with water or topical aid like Tiger Balm
6) Keep a track of your limits
So, Is Body Pain Curable?
It is not that strange to know that you can cure the aching pain of your body. Good amount of exercising and medication will indeed do wonders. Of course, working out and sometimes doing normal physical activities will put a strain on your body muscles and energy.
It doesn’t mean you need to stop right away these activities. Modifying these activities will be the best thing you can do. It is all about improvising and taking some action or tips from experienced individuals. Most of all you need to consult your physician or doctor before taking any medication or performing an exercise.