The Golo Diet, also known as the Golo Metabolic Plan, was introduced in 2009. According to the diet’s official website, it was developed by a “team of dedicated doctors and pharmacists,” but it’s unclear exactly who they are. To follow Golo, the website states that you eat “1,300 to 1,500 nutrient-dense calories” a day and take a supplement called Release. The goal, according to the website, is to “become healthier without cutting excessive calories, giving up food groups, or eating unhealthy diet foods.”
The plan revolves around the idea of taking back control of your metabolic health, including the “efficiency” of your metabolism, fighting insulin resistance (insulin is a hormone that regulates the amount of glucose in the blood, and insulin resistance is a hallmark of prediabetes and type 2 diabetes) and balancing hormones (such as hunger and stress hormones).
The first element, insulin resistance, appears to be the main goal of the program. The company claims on its website that the supplement stops weight gain and can “reverse insulin resistance,” allowing your body to “release stored fat.” You probably don’t need to take a supplement to improve insulin sensitivity. According to the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), reversing insulin resistance involves increasing physical activity, losing weight, avoiding high blood sugar, managing stress, and getting enough sleep.
Golo makes some big medical claims, including that its clients reported fewer PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) symptoms, were cured of prediabetes or type 2 diabetes, and lowered their blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
DEFINING GOLO DIET
The GOLO Metabolic Plan is a weight loss program that focuses on balancing hormones and insulin levels in the body to help users lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. The program was created by a team of doctors, pharmacists, and nutritionists.
The GOLO Metabolic Plan is centred around a dietary approach that emphasizes consuming whole, nutrient-dense foods in appropriate portions. It also includes a supplement called Release, which contains a blend of natural ingredients designed to support insulin management, glucose metabolism, and healthy blood sugar levels.
The program also includes a moderate exercise plan and access to a support network to help users stay on track with their weight loss goals. The GOLO Metabolic Plan claims to be effective for individuals of all ages and body types and to provide sustainable weight loss results. However, it is always advisable to consult a healthcare professional before starting any new diet or exercise program.
EFFECTIVENESS OF GOLO DIET AND PLAN
The effectiveness of the GOLO Metabolic Plan diet depends on a variety of factors, including the individual’s starting weight, health status, and adherence to the plan.
The GOLO Metabolic Plan is a diet program that focuses on balancing blood sugar levels, promoting healthy eating habits, and encouraging physical activity. It emphasizes the consumption of whole foods, particularly those with a low glycemic index, and advocates for moderate amounts of exercise. The program also includes a supplement designed to help regulate blood sugar levels and support weight loss.
While there is some evidence to suggest that the GOLO Metabolic Plan may be effective for weight loss and improving metabolic health, more research is needed to fully evaluate its long-term effectiveness and safety.
It is important to note that any diet or weight loss plan should be approached with caution, and individuals should consult with a healthcare professional before making any significant changes to their diet or exercise routine.
BENEFITS OF GOLO DIET
The GOLO Metabolic Plan is a weight loss program that focuses on balancing insulin levels and optimizing metabolism. Here are some potential benefits of the GOLO Metabolic Plan:
- Weight Loss: The GOLO plan is designed to help individuals lose weight gradually and sustainably. By balancing insulin levels, the plan can help to reduce cravings and promote fat burning.
- Improved Energy: Many people report feeling more energized on the GOLO plan. By optimizing metabolism and balancing blood sugar levels, the plan can help to prevent energy crashes and promote a more stable energy level throughout the day.
- Reduced Inflammation: The GOLO plan is designed to reduce inflammation in the body by emphasizing whole, nutrient-dense foods and avoiding processed and refined foods that can contribute to inflammation.
- Improved Digestion: The GOLO plan emphasizes foods that are high in fibre, which can promote healthy digestion and reduce bloating and constipation.
- Improved Overall Health: By promoting a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle habits, the GOLO plan can help to improve overall health and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and obesity.
It is important to note that individual results may vary, and the GOLO plan may not be suitable for everyone. It is always recommended to consult with a healthcare provider before starting any new diet or exercise program.
CAN ANYONE TRY GOLO DIETARY PLAN?
Yes, anyone can try the GOLO Metabolic Plan. The GOLO Metabolic Plan is a weight loss program that claims to help people lose weight by balancing their hormones, stabilizing their blood sugar levels, and improving their metabolism. The program includes a meal plan, a supplement, and a support program to help people lose weight and improve their overall health.
However, it is important to note that before starting any new diet or weight loss program, it is recommended to consult with a healthcare professional to ensure that it is safe for you and to determine the most effective approach for your individual needs and goals. Additionally, it is important to remember that sustainable weight loss requires long-term lifestyle changes, including a healthy diet and regular exercise.
ATHLETES MIGHT NOT SUIT GOLO DIET
The GOLO Metabolic Plan is a weight loss program that aims to balance hormones and improve metabolic health through a combination of dietary changes, supplementation, and exercise. While this program may be beneficial for some individuals looking to lose weight and improve their overall health, it is not specifically designed or marketed for athletes.
Athletes have specific nutritional and caloric needs based on their sport, training schedule, and individual goals. They may need to consume more calories and specific nutrients to support their performance and recovery. It is important for athletes to work with a registered dietitian or sports nutritionist who can create a personalized nutrition plan tailored to their specific needs and goals.
Therefore, while athletes may try the GOLO Metabolic Plan, they should also consider consulting with a sports nutrition expert to ensure that their nutritional needs are being met to support their athletic performance.
SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH ON THE GOLO DIET
There is a lack of peer-reviewed published research in medical journals on the Golo diet. One of their pilot studies did not have a placebo group. (Including a placebo group is part of the gold standard in research, as it can help researchers assess whether the results are attributable to the intervention.) Peer review is also essential. If the examination does not pass this rigor, the results will not be as significant.
A small, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study of Golo was published in Trends in Diabetes and Metabolism in May 2019 and is linked to the company’s website. Consisting of 68 participants, those on the Golo diet and taking Release lost about 13 pounds over 13 weeks compared to the placebo group who lost about 7.5 pounds. However, for perspective, remember that the study was small and that 13 weeks are short-term results: it’s not clear what happened to those participants after three months. (Basically, it’s easy to lose weight on any diet if you’re doing it for such a short period of time.) However, please note that this study was funded by the Golo company, so there is a potential conflict of interest.
DIET AND FOOD PRESENT IN GOLO METABOLIC PLAN
The GOLO Metabolic Plan is a weight loss program that focuses on improving metabolic health through a combination of diet and exercise. The diet part of the program involves eating a balanced and healthy diet that includes a variety of whole foods. Here are some examples of foods that are typically recommended in the GOLO Metabolic Plan:
- Vegetables: Broccoli, spinach, kale, carrots, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, bell peppers, zucchini, and other non-starchy vegetables.
- Fruits: Berries (such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries), apples, oranges, bananas, pears, and other whole fruits.
- Proteins: Lean meats (such as chicken, turkey, fish, lean beef), eggs, tofu, legumes (such as lentils, chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans), and dairy products (such as low-fat yogurt, cheese).
- Healthy Fats: Avocado, nuts (such as almonds, walnuts, pistachios), seeds (such as chia seeds, flaxseeds), olive oil, and fatty fish (such as salmon, tuna, sardines).
- Whole Grains: Brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat bread, oatmeal, and other whole grains.
The GOLO Metabolic Plan also encourages avoiding or limiting processed foods, sugary drinks, and refined carbohydrates (such as white bread, pasta, and baked goods).
GOLO METABOLIC PLAN FOR OLD PEOPLE
The GOLO Metabolic Plan is a weight loss program that claims to help people lose weight by improving their metabolism and balancing their hormones. However, it is not specifically designed for older people.
The GOLO Metabolic Plan includes a diet plan that emphasizes whole foods, fibre, and protein, along with supplements and an exercise program. The diet plan is based on the principle of eating balanced meals that contain the right balance of protein, fat, and carbohydrates to optimize metabolism and hormone levels.
While the GOLO Metabolic Plan may be suitable for some older people, it’s important to consult with a doctor or a registered dietitian before starting any weight loss program, especially if you have any health conditions or take medications. It’s also important to note that older people may have different nutritional needs than younger people, and a personalized approach is often necessary for optimal health and weight management.
FOODS TO AVOID ON THE GOLO DIET PLAN
Foods discouraged on the GOLO diet include:
- White bread
- Sweet baked goods and sweetened beverages
- Added sugar.
- Refined foods
- Artificial sweeteners
- Processed foods, such as sausages, lunch meats and plant-based meat substitutes
GOLO METABOLIC PLAN FOR BETTER HEALTH
The GOLO Metabolic Plan is a weight loss program that claims to help individuals achieve better health by balancing hormones, managing blood sugar levels, and boosting metabolism. The program includes a combination of dietary changes, supplements, and exercise recommendations.
According to the GOLO website, the program focuses on the “Release” meal plan, which emphasizes whole, nutritious foods and limits highly processed and refined foods. The program also includes a supplement called Release, which is a blend of plant extracts and minerals designed to support healthy blood sugar and insulin levels.
In addition to dietary changes, the GOLO program includes a recommended exercise routine that combines cardio and strength training. The program claims to be effective for weight loss, improved energy levels, and overall health and wellness.
It’s worth noting that like with any diet or weight loss program, results may vary, and it’s always a good idea to consult with a healthcare provider before starting any new diet or exercise routine.
GOLO METABOLIC PLAN WORKS GREAT AND PROVIDES LONG TERM RESULTS
The GOLO Metabolic Plan is a weight loss program that focuses on balancing hormones, regulating blood sugar levels, and promoting overall health and wellness. Some noteworthy aspects of the GOLO Metabolic Plan include:
- Balancing Hormones: The GOLO plan aims to balance the hormones that regulate metabolism and appetite, such as insulin, cortisol, and leptin. By doing so, it may help reduce cravings, increase energy, and promote weight loss.
- Emphasizes Real Food: The GOLO plan emphasizes eating real, whole foods such as vegetables, fruits, lean protein, and healthy fats. It discourages highly processed foods, added sugars, and artificial sweeteners.
- Includes A Nutritional Supplement: The GOLO plan includes a proprietary nutritional supplement called Release, which contains natural ingredients such as magnesium, zinc, and chromium. The supplement is designed to help regulate blood sugar levels and reduce cravings.
- Personalized Meal Planning: The GOLO plan offers personalized meal planning based on individual metabolic needs, food preferences, and lifestyle. It provides recipes, grocery lists, and portion control guidance to make meal planning easy.
- Comprehensive Support: The GOLO plan includes access to a certified health coach who provides support, accountability, and guidance throughout the weight loss journey. It also offers an online community forum, educational resources, and tracking tools to help individuals stay on track and reach their goals.
The ingredients in the Release supplement are considered safe by the FDA—and following the “Metabolic Plan” may help establish sustaining healthy habits for individuals after they stop taking Release.